- 2 cups fresh red raspberries
- 1 cup milk
- 4 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1 tbspn red maraschino cherry syrup
- 1/2 tspn vanilla
- 2 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 4 egg whites
- Sauce of crushed, sweetened raspberries
- Whipped cream and raspberries for garnish
Rub raspberries through a wire strainer. Fold in whipped cream. Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry, and fold in.
Turn into serving bowl. Chill at least 4 hours. Serve with a garnish of whipped cream, red raspberries, and an additional sauce of crushed and sweetened raspberries. Serves 10.
(Origin - "The Dinner Party Cook Book," a Sunset Book by the Sunset Editorial Staff, 1962.)