- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 5 tbspns butter
- 2 tbspns flour
- 1 tspn Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tspn Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbspn lemon juice
- 1/2 tspn salt
- 1/2 tspn pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 16-oz can whole kernel yellow corn, drained
- 1 16-oz can cream-style corn
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, cut in wedges
- 8 to 10 green olives, sliced
In a large saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons butter. Stir in flour, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and milk. Cook until mixture thickens, about 8 minutes.
Remove from heat, and stir in bacon and corn. Pour into 1-1/2 quart casserole. Sprinkle with cheese.
In a small saucepan, melt remaining tablespoon of butter. Mix in bread crumbs. Sprinkle over corn. Bake 45 minutes at 350 degrees. Garnish with egg wedges and green olive slices. Serves 8 to 10.
(Origin - "Jambalaya: The Official Cookbook of the 1984 Louisiana Exposition" by The Junior League of New Orleans, 1984.)
More "Lost" Corn Recipes