- 1 English muffin or slice of bread
- 1 tbspn mayonnaise
- 1 to 2 slices tomato
- 1/2 tspn finely grated onion
- 2 strips bacon, cooked and drained
- Sharp Cheddar cheese, grated, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Toast bread or English muffin lightly.
Spread with mayonnaise, and top with tomato slices. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste, and grated onion. Top with bacon and grated Cheddar cheese. Bake 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
More "Lost" Tomato RecipesTomatoes in Cream (1972)
(Origin - "Atlanta Cooknotes" by the Junior League of Atlanta, 1982. Recipe by Elizabeth Persons Killingsworth.)