- 2 cups uncooked macaroni
- 2 tbspns softened butter
- 1 1/2 cups sharp Cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups rich milk or thin cream
- 1/2 cup California Sauterne or other white dinner wine
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 to 3 tbspns chopped green chiles
- 1/2 tspn dry mustard
- 1/2 tspn salt
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs mixed with 2 tbspns melted butter
Place in buttered 1 1/2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with butter crumbs. Bake, covered, in a moderate oven (350 degrees) for 40 to 50 minutes.
Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving, to thicken liquid in casserole. Serves 6.
(Origin - "Favorite Recipes of California Winemakers" collected and published by the Wine Advisory Board of San Francisco, 1963. This recipe was from Mrs. Ted Yamada of American Society of Enologists in Anaheim, California.)
You also might enjoy:
Post a Comment