- 1 cupful of uncooked macaroni
- 1 cupful of sweet cream
- 1/2 cupful of butter
- 1 cupful of fresh bread crumbs
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tbspn of minced parsley
- 1/2 cupful of grated cheese
- 4 eggs, yolks and whites beaten separately
- Dash of cayenne
- Salt and pepper to taste
Turn into a buttered casserole or ring mold. Set in a pan of hot water, and bake in a moderate oven (350 degrees) for an hour.
To serve, loosen the edges of the souffle with the point of a knife, invert a large plate over the mold or casserole, turn the whole thing over quickly, and the souffle will drop out of the mold. Garnish with parsley.
(Origin - "Sunset's Hostess Handbook" by Genevieve A Callahan, Home Economics Director of Sunset Magazine, 1936.)
You might also enjoy:
Post a Comment