- 4 scoops coffee or vanilla ice cream
- 1/3 cup rum
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Sun-Maid seedless raisins
- 2 firm, ripe bananas, sliced
- 1/4 tspn cinnamon
- 4 maraschino cherries, with stems
Add the banana slices and cook 2 minutes, basting with the sauce. Add the rum. when rum is warmed, removed the skillet from the burner and ignite the rum with a long match.
Continue to baste the bananas until the flame dies. Spoon the raisin-banana sauce over the ice cream and serve decorated with cherries. Serves 4.
(Origin - "The Sun-Maid Cookbook" by Sun-Maid Growers of California, 1980.)
More Flambe Recipes