- 1-1/2 lbs flank steak, cut in 6 strip
- 7 to 8 oz crab meat, fresh or canned, drained, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs, soft
- 6 tbspns marinated artichoke hearts, drained, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Salt, Worcestershire sauce to taste
- 1 beef bouillon cube, dissolved in 1 cup boiling water
- 1 tbspn flour
- 1 cup sour cream
Spread each steak strip with about 1/3 cup crab filling. Roll strip and secure with string. Brown in butter; add bouillon cube. Simmer, covered, for about i hour, 30 minutes, or until tender. Remove roulades to serving plate.
Blend flour with small amount of pan liquid; stir back into pan. Cook over moderate heat, stirring until thickened. Remove from heat and blend in sour cream. Pour gravy over roulades. Garnish with paprika.
(Origin - "The Panhellenic Cookbook: Meats" gathered by the Montgomery, Alabama Panhellenic Council, 1968. Recipe by Pam Mumford Lochrie, Zau Tau Alpha, of Denver, Colorado.)
More "Lost" Steak Recipes
Post a Comment