- 4 sirloin steaks, 6 oz each
- 4 tbspns shallots, chopped
- 8 tbspns butter
- 2 tbspns Worcestershire sauce
- Parsley, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2. Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a small saucepan.
3. To saucepan, add 4 tablespoons finely chopped shallots, and cook until shallots are lightly browned. Add 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce, and heat to bubbling. Keep the sauce hot.
4. In a 12-inch skillet, heat 6 tablespoons of butter. when the butter begins to brown, add steaks and cook for 3 minutes. Turn and cook for 2 to 3 minutes longer, or until done to taste.
5. Transfer to a serving dish, and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Spread the shallot sauce over the steaks, and sprinkle with chopped parsley. Serves 4.
(Origin - "A Treasury of Great Recipes" by Mary and Vincent Price. Recipes tested by Ann Seranne. Published by Grosset & Dunlap, 1965. Recipe was by The Whitehall Club in Chicago.)