- 12 to 20 chopped green olives
- 1/2 tspn salt
- 1 tspn Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tspn instant onion
- 1 small can mushrooms, drained and chopped
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups of white sauce (made with 4 tbspns butter, 4 tbspns flour, 2 cups milk)
- 1/3 slivered almonds
- Buttered bread crumbs
Mix all but the almonds together, and pour into a greased casserole (at least 1-1/2 to 2 quart size).
Sprinkle almonds on top. Top with buttered bread crumbs, and if you like, a little grated cheese.
Bake in oven at 350 degrees about 20 minutes, till bubbly. Serves 6 to 8.
More "Lost" Heirloom RecipesSouthern Buttermilk Jam Cake (1965)
Mississippi Cherry Torte (1965)
(Origin - "Heirloom Recipes of Yesterday and Today for Tomorrow" by Oxford-Lafayette Historic Homes, Inc. of Oxford, Mississippi, 1965. Recipe by Mrs. Harley T. Barrett.)
Post a Comment