- 4 thinly sliced, pared apples
- 3 cups diced, canned pineapple slices
- 1 tbspn, fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 tspn cinnamon
- 1/4 tspn salt
- 1-1/2 cups crushed corn flakes
Arrange alternate layers of apples and pineapple in 1-1/2 quart casserole dish. Sprinkle on lemon juice.
Combine remaining ingredients, and sprinkle over fruit. Cover, and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer, or until apples are tender. Serve warm with cream. Serves 4 to 6.
More "Lost" Corn Flakes RecipesClassic Corn Flake Chicken (1980)
Honey Sweet Potatoes with Corn Flakes (1946)
(Origin - "Cane River Cuisine" published by the Service League of Natchitoches, Louisiana, 1974. This recipe was by Mrs. C. Vernon Cloutier.