- 4 potatoes, each about 1/2 lb, scrubbed
- 1/2 lb spinach, washed and stems and ribs removed
- 1 small clove, garlic, crushed
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
2. Put the potatoes on cookie sheet and bake in oven for 1 1/2 hours, until they are tender.
3. Put the spinach in a saucepan with only the water that clings to the leaves. Lightly sprinkle with salt, cover the pan, and cook over moderate heat for about 5 minutes, until the spinach is soft and tender.
4. Drain the spinach well, then chop roughly. Put in a bowl with the garlic, ground nutmeg, and seasoning to taste.
5. Hold the hot potatoes with a cloth and cut in half lengthwise. Scoop the flesh into the bowl of spinach, leaving the potato skins intact. Mix together with a wooden spoon, then spoon the mixture back into the skins, piling it up neatly in the center.
6. Put the potatoes back on the cookie sheet, and sprinkle them equally with the shredded Cheddar cheese. Return to oven for 10 to 15 minutes, until the cheese is melted and lightly browned. Serve at once.More "Lost" Potato Recipes