- 1 cup Corn Flakes
- 1 cup chopped nut meats
- 1 cup shredded cocoanut
- 1 cup flour, sifted
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tspn vanilla extract
- 1/4 tspn salt
2. Press the mixture evenly and firmly over bottom of large heat-resistant glass dish, and bake in moderate oven (350 degrees) for about 12 minutes, or until delicately browned.
3. Beat eggs till light and add 1 cup brown sugar gradually.
4. Add vanilla and salt and beat thoroughly.
5. Fold in shredded cocoanut, Corn Flakes and chopped nuts, and spread evenly over baked crust.
6. Return to oven (350 degrees) and bake about 25 minutes longer. Cut while warm. Makes about 20 bars, 1 1/4 inches by 3 inches each.
(Origin - "Meals from the Manse Cook Book" by Lora Lee Parrott. Published by Zondervan Publishing House, 1950.)
Post a Comment