- 4 medium potatoes
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1/3 cup sliced summer sausage
- 1/2 tspn thyme
- 1/2 tspn marjoram (optional)
- 1-1/2 tspn salt
- 1/4 tspn pepper
- 2 tbspns butter
- 3/4 to 1 cup, grated sharp Wisconsin Cheddar cheese
- 1 tbspn grated Parmesan cheese
Pare potatoes, and cut in half. Cook potatoes and onion in 2 cups boiling water until tender. Do not drain.
Add sausage, thyme, marjoram, salt, pepper, butter, Cheddar cheese, and remaining boiling water. Simmer 10 minutes.
Sprinkle on Parmesan cheese just before serving. Serves 6.
More "Lost" Cheese RecipesThomas Jefferson's Macaroni and Cheese (1802)
Cauliflower Cheese Casserole with Bacon (1969)
(Origin - "Your Cheese Book from America's Dairyland" by the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, 1956.)