- 1 pint fresh oysters
- 20 oz spinach, fresh or frozen
- 6 oz Jalapeno cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tbspns flour
- 2 tbspns onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup reserved spinach juice (from cooking)
- 1 tspn Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tspn each garlic salt, celery salt
- Cayenne and black pepper, to taste
Cut cheese into chunks, and oysters into small pieces with scissors. Add all ingredients to butter and flour mixture, and mix together.
Pour into heated chafing dish, and serve with crackers, melba toasts or chips.
(Origin - "Atlanta Cooknotes" by the Junior League of Atlanta, 1982. Recipe by Beaty Smith Maffett.)