- 3 cups hot riced or mashed potatoes
- 1 to 3 tbspns grated onion
- 3 slices crisp bacon, crumbled
- 2 tbspns finely chopped parsley
- 2 tbspns uncooked farina
- 1/8 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1-1/2 tspns salt
- 1/4 tspn pepper
- 1/4 tspn nutmeg
Combine all ingredients, and mix well. Shape into 12 balls.
If desired, place a couple of fried croutons in center of each dumpling. Drop dumplings onto gently boiling stew.
Cover closely and steam about 15 minutes.
(Origin - "The Book of Good Neighbor Recipes" by Maxine Erickson, Homemaker, and Joan M. Rock, Home Economist,1952.)
More "Lost" Potato RecipesScalloped Potatoes with Fritos (1955)