- 4 bacon slices, finely chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tspns Lawry's seasoned salt
- 1/2 tspn Lawry's seasoned pepper
- 1/2 tspn Lawry's Garlic Powder with Parsley
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups milk
- 1 packaged (10 oz each) frozen spinach, cooked and drained
In medium skillet, cook bacon until almost crisp. Add onion to bacon and cook until onion is tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
Add flour, seasoned salt, seasoned pepper, and garlic powder, and blend well. Gradually stir in milk, starting with 1-1/2 cups milk. Cook and stir over low heat until thickened.
Add spinach and mix thoroughly. If too thick, add additional milk. Makes 8 servings.
More "Lost" Spinach RecipesSouthern Spinach Spoon Bread (1982)
New Orleans Spinach Crabmeat Casserole with Shrimp (1984)
(Origin - "Lawry's Weekday Gourmet Meals in Minutes" published by Favorite Recipes, 1989. Lawry's is a famed Los Angeles restaurant founded in 1938 with one offering, prime rib, with creamed spinach, mashed potatoes, and Yorkshire pudding popovers. Eight Lawry's are now open around the world, including the original Lawry;s in Los Angeles.)
Post a Comment