- 5 lbs raw shrimp
- 1 1/2 cups butter, melted
- 3/4 cup chopped chives or green onions
- 1/2 cup California sherry
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup French bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup almonds, toasted, slivered
- 1/4 tspn salt
- 1/4 tspn pepper
Combine butter, lemon juice, chives, salt and pepper. Pour mixture over shrimp. Top with bread crumbs, and sprinkle with sherry.
Bake in a hot oven (400 degrees) for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with almonds over shrimp the last 5 minutes of baking. Serves 10 to 12.
(Origin - "Adventures in Wine Cookery" collected and published by the Wine Advisory Board of San Francisco, 1965. Recipe was from Mrs. Nino Concannon Radisch of Concannon Vineyard.)