- 2 ripe avocados
- 3 green onions
- 1 tbspn jalapeno or other hot green chile, chopped fine
- 2-3 tbspns pomegranate juice
- 1-2 tbspns lime juice
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 tbspn chopped mint or cilantro
- Salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper to taste
Quarter avocados, remove pits, and peel skin from flesh.
Dice the avocado flesh and mix in remaining ingredients, except for pomegranate seeds. Sprinkle pomegranate seeds over top. Serves 4 to 6.
More "Lost" Avocado RecipesFried Avocado (1936)
Creamed Beef and Avocado (1964)
(Origin - "I Hear America Singing - The Cooks and Recipes of American Regional Cuisine" by Betty Fussell, published by Penguin Books, 1986. Pomegranates were introduced to California in 1769 by Spanish settlers.)