- 2 10-oz packages French-cut green beans, thawed
- 1 cup water chestnuts, sliced
- 1/2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups white cream sauce
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup aged cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 can French-fried onions, crumbled
In a buttered 2-quart casserole, in alternating layers, place half the green beans, half the water chestnuts, half the mushrooms, and half the chopped onion.
Cover with half the cream sauce, sprinkle lightly with salt and cheese. Repat layers with remainder of ingredients.
Bake at 350 degrees about 1 hour. Top with crumbled French-fried onions and bake 10 more minutes. Serves 8.
More "Lost" Vegetable RecipesCarolina Spinach Balls (1978)
("Origin - Be Milwaukee's Guest" by the Junior League of Milwaukee, 1959. This recipe was by Emilie Pohlig Stotzer.)