- 1 package (6 oz) semi-sweet real chocolate morsels
- 3 tbspns shortening
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
In a saucepan, melt chocolate morsels and shortening over low heat. Stir in nuts. Cool slightly. Spread evenly on bottom and sides of buttered 9-inch pie plate.
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 tspns instant coffee granules
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup Libby's solid pack pumpkin
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
Soften gelatin in cold water; stir over low heat until dissolved. Combine cream cheese, sugar, and coffee granules, mixing until well blended. Add pumpkin; mix well.
Gradually add gelatin to cream cheese mixture, mixing until blended. Chill until thickened but not set, then fold in whipped cream. Spoon into crust. Chill until firm.
Garnish with additional whipped cream and chocolate morsels, if desired. Yields one 9-inch pie.
More "Lost" Pumpkin RecipesPumpkin Candy (1837)
Libby's Savory Pumpkin Quiche with Bacon (1984)
(Origin - "The Great Pumpkin Cookbook" by the home economists in Libby's Home Economics & Consumer Service Dep't, 1984)
Post a Comment