- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 cup canned milk, undiluted
- 1 tspn vanilla
- 2 2/3 cups flour, unsifted
- 1/2 tspn baking soda
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup zucchini, diced
- Butter glaze frosting (see below)
Mix butter and sugars, and beat. Add eggs, and mix well. Stir in canned milk and vanilla.
Mix flour and baking soda together, and stir into mixture. Add nuts. Chill 1 hour.
Stir in diced zucchini, mixing well. Drop are tablespoon 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes, until delicately brown. Do not over-bake. While warm, frost and garnish with pieces of walnuts.
Butter Glaze Frosting
New Mexico Zucchini with Corn (1975)
- 2 tbspns butter
- 2 cups confectioners sugar, sifted
- 1/4 cup canned milk, undiluted
More "Lost" Zucchini RecipesZucchini Honey Cake (1974)
(Origin - "The Zucchini Cookbook" by Paula Simmons, 1974.)