- 1/4 cup instant coffee powder
- 2 tbspns boiling water
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tspn vanilla
- 1/4 tspn baking soda
- 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate, cut into chunks
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
Mix coffee with boiling water, and let stand for 15 minutes. Mix flour and baking powder, and set aside.
Beat together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Mix in coffee, egg, and vanilla. Then stir in flour until well-blended. Add chocolate chunks and walnuts; sitr until evenly distributed. Chill 30 minutes.
Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on baking sheet. Bake at 325 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.
More "Lost" Coffee RecipesCoffee Bread Pudding (1979)
Coffee Mousse (1885)
(Origin - "Yankee Magazine's Great New England Food Festival Recipes" published about 1980.)