- 1 lb cauliflower
- 1/2 Swiss cheese
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tbspns butter
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup flour
- Seasoned bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper
2. Add remaining butter and 1 whole egg.
3. Separate 1 egg. Add 1 egg yolk to cream sauce.
4. Cut flowerettes of cauliflower into small pieces.
5. Add flowerettes to sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Set in refrigerator to chill.
7. Beat remaining egg white until snowlike.
8. Remove mixture from refrigerator and form into croquettes.
9. Roll each croquette first in the egg white and then in the seasoned bread crumbs.
10. Fry in shortening until golden brown. Serves 4.
(Origin - "The Mother Daughter Cookbook" by Ruth and Pamela Gilbert, 1967)
More from "The Mother Daughter Cookbook"